Friday, December 31, 2010

Should Auld Acquaintance Be Forgot?

I get it.


Clearly this was NOT the year to attempt to draw some lyrical methaphor between my life and the Vikings season.

My bad.

But part of being a grown up means making choices, and sticking by them.

Right Brett?

Right.

Anyway. In a season that featured such hits as, Brett's Sext "Regrets" (Get it? Sterger backward is regrets. Yeah, you're going to have to get up REAL early to keep up with me folks.), Moss, Chilly, the Dome collapsing, Tuesday night game against Vick...well, in a season with all those headlines and so many things to be upset about I've decided to make the best of it.

Instead of ranting about all that went wrong I am going to take a few minutes to think about all the things that went right. Or, at least all the little gems that kept me laughing long enough to stop crying once in awhile.

Top Ten Things that Made me Laugh During the 2010 Vikings Season:

10. Lil' Fav...wait, I'm better than that. Never mind.
  9. Collingsworth calling Joe Webb, "A hot young quarterback". On national television. On a Tuesday. In primetime.
  8. The fact we kept letting Berrian play.
  7. F it. Who am I kidding? I'm so NOT better than this - Lil' Favre. Laughed my ass off at that shit. Wow.
  6. Hank Baskett
  5. When Cuddles got sacked 9 times before half against the Giants. (Look. I get it. It wasn't a Vikings game. I can't help that. It was hysterical.)
  4. People who blame Favre for the horrid season.
  3. When Brett Favre rode on to the field upon a Unicorn and went on to pass for 854 yards and 11 touchdowns. (Oh don't worry. That happens Sunday. You'll see.)
  2. When we couldn't sign VJax

And now. Without further ado...The #1 thing that made me laugh this season:

  1. The fact that sitting here today - I still 100% with every ounce of my soul believe next year. Yup. Next year - that's ours -- Super Bowl baby -- 2011 Season is going to be GIGANTIC. Mark my words.

So we had a bad year. Today is, as Taylor Swift would say, the end of a decade but the start of an age, so what do you say America? Let's jump on that hot young quarterback and see where the ride takes us!

So to speak.

                                     Game on Indy. Game on. A new Manning's Coming to Town.

No comments:

Post a Comment