Wednesday, September 1, 2010

A Gentle Reminder to Brett Favre

Brett.
It's 9/1.
And I've got a real 911.

We gotta talk.

I know I’ve already asked for a lot.

And I know you don’t really owe me anything, well I mean aside from eternal gratitude because I’m pretty sure I am at least 74.2% responsible for turning the hearts and minds of the Minnesota people back in your favor.
I digress.

Point is Brett, I need you to sack up a bit.

Moving forward, don't talk to the media about your ankle, injections, vicodin or anything other than your undying passion and drive to get the Minnesota Vikings to Dallas on the 6th of February.

As a matter fact Brett, from here on in don't talk about anything other than your total belief in the fact that this Minnesota Vikings team will be taking the field in Dallas as the NFC representative to Super Bowl XLV.

The team, Minnesota and the world need to hear you now. And to be honest, your heart is worth twice as much as your arm, your ankle or anything else.

We don’t need your skill, we need your strut.

It’s time to stop worrying about whether this season is going to be better than last. And it’s time to stop saying: “I’m just here to have fun”.

Why?

Because you’re Brett Fucking Favre.
That’s why.

I didn’t spent 34 years of my life hating you because you were a Packer. I didn’t hate you because you were a whiny punk who always got favorable calls. And I didn’t even hate you because you ruined at least half the football seasons I can remember.

I hated you because you were better.
And you knew it.
You had nothing to prove last year. So you went out on the field and let the instincts and experiences of the greatest QB to ever play the game take control.

And it was damn near spiritual.

You think you don't have anything to prove this year? Really Brett? Really?

You got more to prove right now than your country boy Wrangler's ass has ever had.

So please, stop thinking about whether or not you can top last season’s numbers and start feeling like the greatest quarterback to ever play the game.

Because that’s what you are.

Stop thinking about last season. And start feeling this season.

Because it’s magic too.

Stop thinking about what your legacy will be and start feeling the legend you already are.

As William Wallace may have put it:

Aye, fight and you may die. Run and you'll live -- at least a while. And dying in your beds many years from now, would you be willing to trade all the days from this day to that for one chance, just one chance to come back here and tell our enemies that they may take our lives, but they'll never take our freedom!!!

You’re the post-modern Omega Man for the Age of Information. So for the love of purple and gold, turning gray and getting old – let’s Braveheart this shit out of this thing.

And did you see that? Braveheart and Omega Man reference, in one sentence? As my boyfriend Tosh would say, "they said it couldn't be done. And I said, oh yes it can. I just did."

I digress.

It’s time Brett.

Show you’re cocky. (Pun intended)
.
Love, Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment